First impressions mean a lot in the business world. Sometimes you only have one shot to convince a potential client or customer that you are the right person for their job. Every second counts and that means everything that your client is observing when they meet you. If you plan on meeting clients at your place of business, then make sure that your workspace sends the right message.
Here are a few tips on how to make the most of that first impression:
- Start before your client even gets to your site. Communication and first impressions begin when you first set that contact invitation. From your email signature to your website, every step along the way should look thoughtful and organized.
- Perception starts on the outside. Again, before they have even stepped foot in your building, your client is taking in information about your company from how your exterior looks and is kept up. A clean, trash free parking lot with freshly painted and easy to read signs are important features yet surprisingly easy to overlook. Clean windows will help make your building sparkle and even the smallest amount of landscaping can help to create an inviting atmosphere right from the get go.
- Wow with the entry. Your reception area is a great place to create that lasting first impression. Your reception area should be informative and give an idea of your company’s mission, values and style. Keep the reception desk tidy and a source of pride. Don’t hide your best artwork in a conference room or private office, put it out there right in the beginning. Fresh flowers or a living plant are a cost effective way to give a bit of that extra effort to creating a beautiful space.
- Create a waiting area that works for your company. If your clients are going to be waiting for you they might as well be getting more information about your company. A comfortable seating area with water, coffee and reading material is a nice gesture that shows you care. Some plants and art make the area feel relaxed and inviting. This is also a great place to have information available about your company that you want your client to know. Having your social media handles framed somewhere can help your client browse and get the full picture of what you are about while they wait.
- Keep it clean. One of the most important things you can do to help make a great impression is to make sure your office space is as clean as possible. Hiring a professional cleaning service with a great track record will make this an easy process. You can rest easy that every area is maintained beautifully and that your investment in your office space looks it’s best when it matters.
If your company wants to make the best first impression, BearCom Services would be happy to help you keep your space clean and beautiful. Have peace of mind with a trusted company and get service that shines.
Spring is in the air and it’s a time for fresh new beginnings. Just like your home, your company’s office can take a beating over the winter months. Company parties, holidays and winter weather can leave your office looking less than perfect by the time spring time rolls around. You want your company looking it’s best for your employees as well as for any clients that might need to pay you a visit. Here are a few tips on how to get your office spic and span this spring.
Clean The Windows
Spring is a perfect time to clean the windows. Winter precipitation from snow, wind and rain have more than likely left your windows looking dull. There are still enough cloudy days in early spring which make it an ideal time to clean windows. Hiring a window cleaning service will make the outside looking crisp, clean and sparkling.
Deep Clean The Carpets
Spring is the perfect time for a good deep cleaning of all the office carpets. Snowy or muddy shoes with salt have probably left dirt embedded deep in the fibers and if you had any holiday parties in the office there are probably a fair share of stains.A professional cleaning service can help you save your carpets and get them looking great again.
Polish Floors and Seal
Your floors get a lot of traffic on them, to keep your investment looking like new every year your floors need a deeper clean than just a standard wash. Scuff marks and scratches can be mended and then a polish or sealer will keep your floors looking great till next spring.
If there are any walls that are looking particularly scuffed and dented, a professional paint job might be the answer. Light coloured paints will keep your office looking bright and airy while bold accent walls are great for showing any company art or a logo graphic.
Bring in Greenery
Freshen up your office space with some office plants that will help clean the air and give a pop of color. Plants that require little to no maintenance like Snake plants, aloe and succulents have a modern look and are perfect for office spaces. They are also proven to help employees work better and feel less stressed out.
Organize Storage Areas
Do you have a storage area that looks like it could be out of an episode of “Hoarders”. Maybe the office kitchenette has accumulated it’s fair share of random tupperware or mugs or the copy area has more than a few empty boxes kicking around. Spring time is a great time to address overlooked storage areas. Keeping storage organized not only makes it easier to find items but sends a message to your employees about performance standards.
For help with your office cleaning hiring a commercial cleaning company like BearCom Building Services makes staying on top of your cleaning duties easy and leaves your office looking it’s best. If you are in the Salt Lake City areas and are looking for service that shines, contact BearCom Building Services today.