When hiring a commercial cleaning company, you want to know that you are making the right decision. After a few tries, you can start to evaluate whether they are the right company for you. We have put together a quick guide that will help you see whether you have hired the right commercial cleaning service company for your business.
Commercial Cleaning Business Checklist
- Performance. Does the commercial cleaning company come when scheduled, with the proper number of people to do the job?
- Satisfaction. Are the areas contracted for clean and tidy? Are there areas where performance falls below your expectations?
- Green cleaning techniques. Does the company incorporate green cleaning techniques that use the least hazardous and safest cleaning products? Do they have systems in place to not cross contaminate areas they clean?
- Accountability. Does the company have quality systems in place to verify that scheduled work is performed to spec and that employees are doing their jobs?
- Service. If you have a complaint or concern, how does the company respond? If you need emergency service, are they available?
- Customer service. Are you able to reach customer service personnel any time through a variety of media (phone, email, online chat) and receive a prompt, helpful response?
- Meet your needs. If your business has expanded or has acquired new equipment since you signed your contract, your needs for service frequency or specialized cleaning may have escalated.
- Need for other services. Many versatile commercial cleaning companies can provide services for both the inside and outside of your building. Do you need other services, such as window cleaning, parking lot cleaning, and steam cleaning of carpets included in your contract?
- Price. Do you get the value you expected for the price you pay?
Are you Receiving the Value You Expect?
In evaluating your commercial cleaning service, the question to ask yourself is whether you got the value you expected for the price you paid. If your answer is “yes,” and you are happy with other aspects of performance, re-signing will maintain your relationship with a great company.